The Media Center is in the lower level of Barret library and houses more than 3,000 videos and other media formats to supplement academic instruction and to provide entertainment for members of the Rhodes community. The Media Center houses the music collection, formerly located in the Music Library in Hassell Hall.
Checking Out Videos
Videos may be checked out by Rhodes students, faculty and staff for a loan period of three days. Loan limits and overdue fines for videos, audiobooks and other library materials are enumerated on the Check-Out Desk page. See Library Catalog for available titles.
There is a small viewing room that will seat 6-9 people and carrels for viewing and listening across from the Media Center.
Ordering Videos, CDs & Scores
To order videos or DVDs contact the Help Desk (email@example.com). Please allow at least 2 weeks for delivery. If the vendor has the item(s) in stock, the average delivery time is one week.
To request that an image be added to rotation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your image and desired date range of placement. Please allow two business days for placement. All images must be vertically oriented and in pdf or jpg format. Submissions failing to meet these requirements will be returned to the sender with an explanation of what needs to be corrected.
Reserves and Viewing Carrels
Videos, dvds and other media formats which have been placed on reserve are kept at the Circulation desk. The loan period for these materials is usually two hours, and they may not be taken out of the library.
The theater room is available for reservation through the Events Management System.
The Media Center has laptops available that may be used outside the library by faculty or students with faculty permission.
- Laptops are available at the Media Center for faculty or students with faculty permission.
- Laptops are available during normal Media Center hours.
- Laptops must be reserved online via the Audiovisual Equipment Reservation Page.
- Laptops are due 3 days after being checked out.
- Laptops have wireless capability.
- Laptops must be returned directly to the Media Center staff.
Overdue Fines for laptops from the Media Center:
- Less than 1 full day late: $1
- 1-9 days late: $7/day
Conditions of Use for ALL Laptops:
- The Borrower is responsible for the security of the laptop.
- The Borrower is responsible for any damage to the laptop.
- Personal software should not be loaded on the laptop.
- System settings should not be changed.
- Laptops should never be left unattended.
- Do not leave laptop on checkout counter or in a book drop.
- Laptop stolen or lost: $2,000
- CD/RW/DVD Drive missing: $200
- Missing AC Adapter: $60
- Laptop carrying case (Media Center Only): $60
- Mouse (Media Center Only): $10
- Network Cable (Media Center Only): $5
For inquiries regarding staffing, hours, check-out policy, etc., please contact the Help Desk, email@example.com, 901-843-3890.