Pay attention to deadlines when you apply for financial aid.
First-year students interested in receiving institutional (non-federal) financial aid should complete the CSS PROFILE by the dates indicated below. Completion of the CSS PROFILE is not required in order to receive federal aid.
Students also interested in federal financial aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. This form is required by the federal government to determine eligibility for federal student aid (Pell grants, Direct Loans and federal work study). Tennessee residents must complete the FAFSA to be eligible for state awards such as Hope and TSAA.
Your FAFSA and CSS PROFILE should be electronically submitted by the dates indicated below. The Tennessee Student Assistance Award (for TN residents) has a FAFSA deadline of February 1 but may run out of funds before this date. All TN residents should file the FAFSA as soon as possible beginning January 1 to qualify for the maximum funding opportunities.
- CSS PROFILE and FAFSA (Early Decision I) - November 1
- CSS PROFILE and FAFSA (Early Action) - November 15
- CSS PROFILE and FAFSA (Early Decision II) - November 15 or at application
- CSS PROFILE and FAFSA (Bonner Scholarship candidates) - January 1
- CSS PROFILE and FAFSA (Regular Decision) - January 1
- Award Notice (Early Decision I) – November 15
- Award Notice (Early Action) – January 12
- Award Notice (Early Decision II) – December 1 through January 30
- Award Notice (Bonner Scholarship candidates) - March 3
- Award Notice (Regular Decision) - March 9
Financial Aid Applications
All Financial Aid forms can be found on the Rhodes Express Download Forms webpage.