Notice: Applications for Camp Pride Scholarships are not being accepted at this time. Please check back during the Spring for Camp Pride 2018.
The mission of the Campus Pride Summer Leadership Camp is to build leadership capacity among LGBTQ and ally undergraduate college student leaders and to create safer and more inclusive campus communities in the United States.
When: July 11-16, 2017
Where: UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
Who: Undergraduate students from two-year, four-year, rural, southern, HBCU, TCU, and religiously-affiliated colleges and universities come to Camp Pride from all over the country.
Lodging: Campers will be staying in residence hall living. If you have preferences with your living arrangements, please make note on your registration.
Camp is for you if you want:
- A phenomenal leadership and personal growth experience inclusive of gender identity/expression and sexual orientation.
- Key leadership concepts to becoming a stronger LGBTQ or ally leader.
- Effective strategies and skill training for grassroots coalition building.
- Access to premiere faculty and national leaders in social justice, human rights and civil rights advocacy.
- Successful campus organizing practices and the chance to explore challenges confronting your campus.
- Helpful resources and innovative tools from national organizations.
- A personal action plan for your campus to become more LGBTQ-friendly.
- Opportunity to connect and work with peer student leaders from across the country.
- An inclusive approach celebrating diversity and motivating others.
- An open, safe environment to express yourself.
- Fun, entertainment and lasting relationships.
All Rhodes students are encouraged to apply for Camp Pride’s own scholarships:
Full and partial Camp Pride scholarships are available on a limited-basis. Scholarship applications will be available Spring 2017. Applicants who have already registered and paid will be refunded any scholarship monies at the time of event. Due to a limited capacity, we do encourage you to register for Camp Pride ASAP. Campus Pride seeks a diverse cohort of student leaders/advisors and these scholarships assist in this commitment across race, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, socio-economic and geographical boundaries. Learn more.