Applications for the 2017-2018 Summer Plus and Summer Plus International Fellowships are due on January 18, 2017. Each application consists of 1) an application with attached resume and 2) one letter of recommendation (2 letters for those applying to the international program). Students for the Memphis-based program are asked to read through the list of available projects and choose up to five possible projects/mentors. These choices are to be entered on the application form.
- Students interested should attend the information session: November 22, 2016 12:30pm-1:00pm in Frazier-Jelke B lecture hall.
- Review the project descriptions: 2017-18 projects
- Application Form: Download and complete the Summer Plus Application (MS Word doc) or the Summer Plus International Application (MS Word doc). You should type your responses into the document and then and return it to Dr. Ann Viano by 5pm on January 18, 2017. The application asks for general and course information, your project/mentor selections, and a brief essay. If you are applying to both programs, you should submit both application forms.
- Recommendation Letter: Request one faculty member (preferably a science professor) to fill out and submit the Summer Plus Recommendation (MS Word doc). Recommenders must complete the form and return to Dr. Ann Viano by 5pm on January 18, 2017.
Applicants for the Summer Plus International program should also have one Spanish professor complete the Spanish Language Recommendation (MS Word doc). If you have not taken Spanish at Rhodes, please meet with a Spanish professor to evaluate your language skills and have them fill out the form and return to Dr. Ann Viano by 5pm on January 18, 2017.
- The Rhodes selection committee, composed of diverse group of faculty, will choose finalists from the applications by the end of February. Selection is based on motivation for and commitment to the program, performance in course and lab work, and recommendation by the faculty evaluator. Those finalists selected will be interviewed by the St. Jude faculty in March. Final acceptance into the program will be announced by March 30.