Meet the 2023-24 Peer Academic Coaches

Esther Ballesteros
Hello, I am from Dallas, TX and currently navigating my junior year at Rhodes. As a dedicated Psychology major with a passion for Educational Studies, I’ve delved into courses like PSYC 150, 200, 211, 224, 229 and EDUC 222, 201, 310, 320. I know firsthand, the challenges that come with juggling academics, extracurriculars, personal well-being, and fun! Having learned from my mistakes, I have discovered strategies that have allowed me to flourish and thrive and I want to help you do the same! So come on, let's meet and together let’s unlock the strategies that’ll set you up for academic success and so much more! 
Schedule an appointment with me.

Jackie Boyanchek
I am a sophomore from Columbus, GA majoring in Neuroscience and minoring in French on the pre-med track. As a pre-med STEM major, I have taken a variety of pre-med classes (CHEM 120/125, CHEM 211, PSYC 150), as well as French classes (FREN 102+201) to ensure a blend of course disciplines in my schedule. Being active in multiple on and off-campus commitments like diplomats, acapella, Greek life, and volunteering, I've had lots of experience juggling academics and life, and learning how to prioritize. Like any student, I have had to overcome many challenges in my academic career thus far, but I have gathered valuable strategies and solutions that make each new challenge easier to conquer. I learned that with the right amount of planning, organization, and time-management, I can enjoy being a college student to the fullest extent, and I would love to help you find that balance in your own life. I am excited to work together and discover the best strategies for navigating your academic career.
Schedule an appointment with me.

Claudia Falcon
I'm a senior double majoring in Economics and Business with a concentration in Finance and minoring in Latin America and Latinx Studies. I have taken a variety of courses and the most recent include ECON 201, ECON 290, ECON 420, BUS 361, BUS 371, and BUS 452. I have also taken Spanish classes including SPAN 302 and SPAN 303. As a Bonner Scholar and a member of many organizations on campus, I understand how difficult it can be to balance a demanding academic schedule and still be able to enjoy extracurricular activities and social events. Throughout the years, I have learned how to stay motivated and focused, balance my responsibilities, manage my time well, and avoid procrastination. Do not hesitate to reach out to me to figure out how to be the best version of yourself academically and have a great overall experience at Rhodes. Can't wait to get to know you at one of our meetings or events. Roll lynx!!
Schedule an appointment with me.

Madison Granberry
I am a Senior Biology major and Health Equity minor from St. Louis, MO. Being on the pre-med track, I have had to take many STEM courses, such as BIOL 130+140+340+350+380, CHEM 120+211+212+315, PHYS 109+110, and MATH 122+ 211. Along the way I have also taken many humanities courses and life courses (RELS 101+102, ANSO 103+105, HIST 105, and PSYC 150). As a member of the softball team, I understand how difficult it can be to manage classes, athletics, extracurriculars, and college life. I have learned amazing techniques to plan, organize, and manage my time so that I can pursue all my passions, and I would love to help you do the same. I am excited to meet each of you and help you discover how to make juggling your activities and classes more manageable. Let’s get started and make this the best semester yet!
Schedule an appointment with me.

Delaney Jackson
I'm a junior English major with a concentration in Literature and a French minor from Knoxville, TN. At Rhodes I have had the opportunity to take plenty of humanities classes in a variety of disciplines including ENGL 190, 265, 361, 285, EDUC 230, ANSO 103, MST 385, and ART 151. Not only have I completed many readings for my classes, but I have also taken PSYC 150 and PSYC 211, so I can help with approaching the social sciences as someone whose talents may lie elsewhere. I would love to help you navigate time management skills or anything else that can help make your academic experience here not only successful but also enjoyable. I cannot wait to meet you all!
Schedule an appointment with me

Colin McCown
I am a Junior double majoring in History and Religious Studies from Memphis, TN. While there is not truly any pre-law track, I am planning to attend law school after undergrad. As someone specializing in two humanities, I have taken a variety of classes including: HIST 271, HIST 283, RELS 276, HIST 255, HIST 288, HIST 105, ENG 190, RELS 101, and RELS 102. In addition to this, I have taken electives in PSYC 150, ANSO 103, and have credits for Biology and Calculus. Though I am comfortable working in STEM fields, I would probably say I am more experienced with the classic Liberal Arts courses. I hope I get the opportunity to help you with creating a successful plan for any and every class possible and look forward to meeting. Thanks!
Schedule an appointment with me.

Dylan Morris
I'm a Junior and I intend to major in Biology or Environmental Science. Since I intend to major in biology/environmental science field of study but only a sophomore, I have taken a variety of intro STEM classes (BIO 130, 140, 120; CHEM 120; ENVS 150) in addition to humanities coursework. As a member of the Sigma Nu fraternity, Kinney Co-Director, Rhodes diplomat and a regular community volunteer, I understand how difficult it can be to balance a rigorous academic course load and still be able to enjoy extracurricular activities and social events. College is not easy, I’ve faced a variety of academic obstacles during my time so far at Rhodes and have come out a better student. Meet with me and we can work together to figure out how to make your academic experience as manageable as possible. 
Schedule an appointment with me.

Lila Saunders
I am a sophomore majoring in neuroscience and minoring in chemistry from Gloucester, VA. Being on the pre-med track, I have taken a variety of STEM classes (BIO 130, 140; CHEM 120, NEURO 270, and the corresponding labs), as well as courses such as HUM 101, 102; SPAN 102, 201; and PSYCH 150. Being a member of Rhodes College Dance Company (RCDC), and a volunteer at St. Jude, I have learned how to perfect time management so that I am able to spend time doing things I enjoy outside of academics. During freshman year, I learned that college took a little time to adjust; therefore, when meeting with me I will share strategies with you to better prepare for possible challenges in the academic year. I look forward to meeting with you!
Schedule an appointment with me.

Clara Sullivan
I am a junior Computer Science major and Business minor from Jupiter, FL! I came into Rhodes undecided about my major, so I have taken a wide array of courses ranging from CHIN 101, 102, 201 to BIOL 130, 140 and CHEM 120. Since deciding on my major and minor, I have had the opportunity to take other exciting courses such as: COMP 141, 142, 172, 241; BUS 241 and ECON 100. As an active PA leader, RSG member, and participant in Greek life, I understand how challenging it can be to balance a rigorous course load while still enjoying extracurriculars and finding time to unwind. Over the past two years, I have learned a lot about time management and finding the most effective way to spend my time so I can be successful in my academics and feel socially fulfilled. I would love to meet with you to help find the most successful plan for you! 
Schedule an appointment with me.