Immediate Supervisor: Betty Mohler
Office Location: West Campus Bookstore
General Description of Position:
This position greets customers, assists customers with inquiries, both in the store and on the phone. Operates the cash register and is responsible for processing all facets of customer transactions in accordance with established processes and policies, with a focus on safe money handling procedures and secure transaction practices. Shelves product and partners to ensure product is signed and displayed properly.
- Greet customers and render assistance as necessary responding to inquiries of products and merchandise.
- Answers phone and responds to inquiries or direct calls for appropriate resolution.
- Operates cash register tabulating transactions, accepting payments, giving change, bagging purchases and processing employee or faculty discounts as appropriate.
- Balances the cash drawer including checks and the credit card receipts and student charge slips.
- Test EAS security system daily and approach customers who set off EAS system investigating alarms, resolving issue and logging EAS activations.
- Carry and shelve merchandise inventory; may also pull and package merchandise for return to vendors.
- Straightens merchandise, stocks shelves, prices merchandise and may assist in setting up displays and signs.
- Ensure inventory controls tags are removed and/or replaced on merchandise according to company standards as applicable.
- Pick, process and pack orders for shipping in accordance with Retail Store Operations.