What is Therapy Assisted Online (TAO) Self Help?
TAO includes over 150 brief, effective, educational sessions covering over 50 common topics and skills related to mental health, wellness, and substance use issues. TAO Includes interactive sessions, mindfulness exercises and practice tools all aimed at helping you achieve your goals.
- TAO is based on well-researched and highly effective strategies.
- TAO Self Help assists you with managing your own emotional well-being without the help of a therapist.
- The exercises can be completed through a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- You can choose to view short, but helpful, videos, take part in brief exercises, use logs to track moods and progress, and have access to a Mindfulness Library.
- All Rhodes students, staff, and faculty are eligible to use TAO Self Help. You just need a Rhodes email address.
Benefits of TAO Self Help:
- You will have access to highly effective therapeutic modules 24/7.
- You can sign up any time of day or night.
Highlights of the modules:
- Anxiety: relaxation strategies, analyzing thoughts, mindfulness, facing fears, lifestyle factors
- Depression: traps, problem solving, focusing on thoughts, mindfulness, values, relationships, lifestyle
- Substance Abuse: decisions, cravings, social support, lapse and relapses, finances, time management
- Relationships and Communication: anger, communication styles, problem solving
How do I sign up?
In your browser window, navigate to US.TAOconnect.org/register
- Enter First Name, Last Name, and your college email address
- Create a Password
- Leave the 'Enrollment Key' field blank.
- Click Sign Me Up
Check your email. You will be sent a Welcome to TAO email with a confirmation link which you must click on in order to sign in.
TAO Is Also Available As A Mobile App