Department and Code:
Number of Student Associates in Position:
General Description of Position:
The Theatre Management Intern is specifically tasked with promotion of our events through social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and print media (distribution of posters).
The position is also responsible for various tasks in the course of general operation:
• communicating with the email distribution list about events and dates of interest
• working with the College archives to catalogue production photos and print media
• maintaining video archives of productions
• researching and obtaining performance rights
• organizing front-of-house crew for public events
• preparing performance space for guest artist events
Microsoft Office suite experience
Superior telephone skills
Knowledge of typical theatrical production and producing schedules
Administrative experience with social media and event promotion
Knowledge of cataloguing for archival purposes
Background in contract and grant writing.
Physical Demands: any heavy lifting, moving heavy objects, or long periods of sitting or standing. Make sure your job description is as ADA friendly as possible. Does your job require maneuvering of stairs or other unique physical requirements?
Heavy lifting can probably be avoided, but climbing stairs and possibly ladders will be necessary.