Immediate Supervisor: Angie Johnson-Tiamiyu
Office Location: Clough Hall 111
General Description of Position:
- Scanning, copying, filing, label making
- Data entry, preparing mailings, distributing mail
- Complete various non-specific tasks with and for the faculty
- Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, performing internet searches, distributing materials to other departments, checking out books and equipment from the library.
- Fill the printer, fax machine and copier with paper
- Greet visitors, professors and fellow students and answer the phone when needed
- Assisting in arranging department bulletin boards
- Cover small office matters in the assistant’s absence.
- Ability to work independently and with supervision
- Responsible and reliable
- Able to complete tasks and meet deadlines and willing to ask questions if there is any confusion regarding instructions or assignments
- Organized, detail-oriented, accurate
- Able to work 5-10 hours per week
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Excellent typing, writing and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- This job will mostly require sitting at a desk using a computer, but the student employee may occasionally need to travel around campus to distribute office-related items. You may be asked to move files and/or boxes.