Immediate Supervisor: Elin Ovrebo (email@example.com)
Office Location: Buckman Center, Burrow Hall, First Floor
General Description of Position:
This position is for those interested in working on a team of student workers who manage office administrative tasks, assist with initial advising and workflow, provide excellent customer service, and assist with some marketing and project management for the Study Abroad and International Student Services office (International Programs) in Burrow Hall. We are looking for students who work well on a team, are great communicators, are excellent problem-solvers, and pay attention to detail. Our office can be fast-paced, so those who are good at multi-tasking may be especially successful here.
Basic duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage office email, greet and assist students/parents/faculty/staff/guests who call or come to the office, perform routine office management tasks, and occasionally handle errands on campus
- Accomplish projects as assigned (examples: computer system projects, diversity abroad projects, needs assessment project, research for grants or course development)
- Assist the RSAs for Study Abroad, International Students, and Marketing, as needed
- Contribute to and/or edit the International Programs social media and websites
- Support International Programs’ projects and programming, including Study Abroad Fairs, information sessions, and events
- Represent International Programs at certain on-campus events
- No experience is necessary: we will supply appropriate training
Student must be professional, have developed organizational and communication skills, work well both as an individual and as part of a team, and be able to multitask and prioritize tasks as needed.
Interest in cross-cultural communication, study abroad and/or international students. Outgoing and helpful personality is a plus!
Desk and computer work, mail runs, assisting with some event set-up, and occasional errands on campus.