Immediate Supervisor: Ira Lawson
Location: 1st Floor of Burrow
The Office of New Student Programs & Leadership provides services and support for students as they enter the college as a first time incoming student. In addition this office oversees leadership development and programs for students on campus.
The New Student Programs & Leadership Assistant will be responsible for helping the Director execute the mission and values of the office. They will be expected to have sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly in Word and Excel. The office assistant will be expected to interact with students, faculty, and staff on campus. The Assistant will gain experience in special project program planning, leadership development, and first year programming. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is looking to engage on campus.
- Assisting with office management work, including answering phones, photocopying, and on campus deliveries
- Providing program support to the Rhodes Student Associates- including sending e-mails and doing program follow-up.
- Host one passive leadership program per month.
- Assist in various campus committees when appropriate to provide student feedback and direction
- Assist with managing social media accounts for the office
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with others in a welcoming manner
- Involvement in High School or other College/University
- Working well on a team of diverse people
- Have an appreciation of diversity and cultural competency learning
- Likes to work in a fun, exciting environment