Department and Code:
Immediate Supervisor: Kerry Connors/Jackie Carney
Number of Student Associates in Position:
General Description of Position:
Management of the Phonathon program, under the guidance of the Director of Annual Giving. Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Recruit Development Specialists. May assist with interviewing.
2. Update training materials annually.
3. Coordinate annual training including room reservation, communication with Development Specialists, ordering food, leading or assigning leadership to Team Captains, assessing callers, providing constructive criticism to new callers, introducing procedures.
4. Mentor Specialists, with particular emphasis on new Specialists, or those who need remediation.
5. Create and carry out motivational challenges corresponding to the calling schedule set by Director of Annual Giving.
6. Utilize system for data input, and oversee accurate reporting by Team Captains and provide ongoing record keeping of statistics.
7. Communicate with all Development Specialists regarding goals, challenges, and personal and group progress.
8. Plan and implement recognition such as “Caller of the Month” and “Caller of the Semester,”
9. Serve as liason between Development Specialists, Team Captains, and Director of Annual Giving.
Experience as a Development Specialist. Proficient in Excel. Excellent organizational skills. Willingness to lead peer group. Leadership qualities. Self-directed, independent worker. Excellent communication skills.
Experience in leadership position of student group, or management of volunteers or staff. Enjoy motivating a team. Friendly and easy to approach.