Immediate Supervisor: Katherine Bass (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Office Location: West Campus – HR Office
Pay rate: 8.25 - 8.85 per hour
The Rhodes College Human Resources Office supports our faculty and staff members during their time as an employee with the College. This position is responsible for providing customer service to our clients and supporting the Human Resources staff members with various projects throughout the school year. Students will gain experience working in an office environment and will learn a basic overview of human resources management.
- Providing excellent customer service to both our internal and external clients via answering phones, greeting visitors, and answering emails
- Maintaining our employment site
- Support HR staff with typing, filing, and special projects as needed
- Assist with office events by creating email flyers, event management, and communication
Schedule: Flexible, must be during regular work day hours [Monday-Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM]. No more than 10 hours per week and this position does not require any nights or weekend shifts.
- Enjoys working with people
- Excellent oral communication and customer service skills
- Willing to learn new skills
- Able to work individually
- Knowledge of phone and office etiquette
- Must be able to exercise discretion in an environment dealing with confidential or sensitive information
- Microsoft Office Suite experience preferred
- Previous experience working in a professional office environment preferred
We maintain open communication and conduct check in meetings every two weeks to discuss progress on projects. We also conduct annual performance evaluations per the Financial Aid Office.