Immediate Supervisor: Ford
Office Location: Barrett Library Check-Out
General Description of Position:
Reports to Amanda Ford, Head of Circulation. Under the supervision of the Circulation Staff, the Student Circulation Assistant provides front-line circulation and reserve services to library patrons. This student responds to informational, directional and library policy questions. This student provides accurate information and services according to departmental policies and procedures. This student will adhere to policy and law regarding confidentiality of patron records. Students work at the Circulation desk as well as in the library stacks. Desk and stack duties include: check library materials out to patrons and process returns, answer the phone, answer general informational questions about the library, re-shelve items, maintain order in the stacks, and other duties as assigned.This position staffs the Circulation Desk at assigned shifts during all library hours.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective and efficient communication skills
- The candidate must be energetic and eager to assist the Library staff and patrons
- Accuracy with alpha/number sequences
- Attention to detail
- Basic keyboarding/computer skills desirable
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently in a service environment
Physical ability to stand for an extended period of time, bend, abilty to push loaded book carts and/or shift shelves of books.