Department and Code:
Number of Student Associates in Position:
General Description of Position:
• Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all library policies and procedures.
• Directs work of student assistants and supports them in maintaining library service standards.
• Resolves problems and handles complaints.
• Provides general information assistance to patrons refers to professional staff when necessary.
• Supervises opening and closing procedures.
• Assists in training of other student assistants.
• Notifies supervisor of problems encountered during shifts so appropriate action may be taken.
• Maintains communication with supervisor.
• Knows emergency procedures.
Must be available to work weekends (Sat-Sun)
• Previous library experience
• Supervisory skills
• Public service oriented
• Ability to handle stress and emergency situations
• Attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Physical ability to stand for an extended period of time, bend, abilty to push loaded book carts and/or shift shelves of books.