Supervisor: Jana Hayes (email@example.com)
Office Location: Burrow 1st Floor
General Description of Position: Specific student associate responsibilities, job requirements, and as much information regarding the scope of the job as you can provide.
- General reception duties to include greeting visitors, answering phones, scheduling appointments, responding to general inquiries, including email correspondence as needed.
- Clerical assistance including daily mail distribution and paperwork distribution between offices including Rhodes Express, Data Services, and Registrar. Assist with Registrar office mailings or diploma mailing as needed.
- Other special projects as needed.
- Required to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive departmental and/or student information at all times.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel. General knowledge of phone etiquette. Good communication and customer service skills. Ability to work closely with other offices/departments.
Some prior clerical experience in a general office setting. Ability to work during seasonal demand times such as first week of classes each semester.
Physical Demands: any heavy lifting, moving heavy objects, or long periods of sitting or standing. Make sure your job description is as ADA friendly as possible. Does your job require maneuvering of stairs or other unique physical requirements?
- Long periods of sitting
- May require occasional light to medium heavy lifting
- May navigate stairs and/or elevator using a dolly or cart