The Check-Out Desk is located on the main level of Barret library.
Checking Out Materials (Books, DVDs, Audiobooks, and AV Equipment)
Books, DVDs, audiobooks, and AV Equipment may be checked out by Rhodes students, faculty and staff. Loan limits and overdue fines are available in the chart below. See Library Catalog for available titles.
Ordering Books, DVDs, CDs & other media format materials
To order Books, DVDs, CDs and other media format materials, please submit the request to the Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Books, articles, DVDs, CDs, and other media formats which have been placed on reserve are kept at the Check Out desk. The loan period for these materials vary.
There is a small viewing room that will seat 6-9 people and carrels for viewing and listening located on the lower level. The theater room is available for reservation through the EMS.
Chromebooks are available for checkout for current Rhodes students, faculty, and staff with a loan period of 5 days after being checked out.
Overdue Fines for Chromebooks from the Media Center:
- $20 per day for 1-5 days
Conditions of Use for Chromebooks:
- The Borrower is responsible for the security of the Chromebook and should never be left unattended
- The Borrower is responsible for any damage to the Chromebook.
- System settings should not be changed.
- Do not leave Chromebook on checkout counter or in a book drop.
- Chromebook replacement: $450.00
- Missing AC Adapter: $60.00
- Laptop carrying case: $60.00
For inquiries regarding staffing, hours, check-out policy, etc., please contact the Help Desk, email@example.com, or 901-843-3900.