Workday at Rhodes
What is Workday Student
- Workday Student is a branch of Workday
- This branch focuses on the student experience from application, through graduation, and beyond
When will the change happen?
- Go-live is in March 2023
- We have started conducting trial runs and will continue to do so (including a mock semester) up until the go-live date
What are the advantages of moving from Banner to Workday Student?
- Banner has become a security risk as updates and security patches do not keep up with modern threats
- Workday Student has a more modern, mobile-ready, stable, and secure infrastructure
- Workday Student folds a number of our services into one place
What about Workday Student Training?
- Targeted training experiences start in early 2023 and run before, during, and after the initial go-live to accommodate community needs.
- Training for faculty, staff, and students will include printed Quick Reference Guides (QRG) and in-person training sessions.
- The Help Desk will be available during regular hours for additional assistance.
What can I expect to do in Workday Student?
- FACULTY, enter final grades, access courses and grade rosters, and manage student advising
- STAFF, find student information, update student records, run reports, and note student academic progress.
- STUDENTS, view your schedule and grades, register/add/drop classes, check your housing assignment, track your academic progress, and pay your bill.
What groups are working on the transition from Banner to Workday?
- Academic Affairs, Faculty, and Registrar's Office
- Admission and Financial Aid
- Information Services
- Student Life
- Alchemy (an external vendor providing support)
Check the status page for updates concerning the transition to Workday Student.