Membership and Charge
Michelle Mattson, Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs for Institutional Effectiveness
José Rodriguez, Chief Information Officer
Dawn Clement, Director of Institutional Research
Harold Robinson, Director of Data Services
DeAnna Adams, Registrar
Kathleen Cates, Associate Comptroller
Leigh Powell, Human Resources Business Systems Analyst
Kerry Connors, Senior Director of Annual Giving
Stacy Pennington, Director of Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Jamia Stokes, Associate Dean of Student Life
The Data Stewardship Group will discover, discuss, document, and decide issues related to data processing and reporting, including user permissions to data and uses of data owned by the College. These responsibilities specifically include:
Data Definitions and Access:
- Develop and maintain a list of data stewards and owners.
- Define the areas of responsibility for access and management of data to ensure that data are accessible for appropriate purposes, people, and systems.
- Document and review regularly data entry and business process standards across the institution to ensure that institutional data are reliable, consistent and of high quality.
- Develop and document a glossary of terms related to college data (data dictionary).
- Where necessary, provide policy and training recommendations in support of the institution in managing and protecting its data assets.
- Recommend long-term strategies on securing enterprise data.
- Recommend and document standards for the storage, retention, and disposal of the institution’s data in accordance with federal and state legislation, industry standards, and best practices in higher education.
- Enforcement of data security guidelines is the responsibility of the departmental data stewards and custodians.
In cases where data or process ownership is still contested, the Data Stewardship Committee will be called upon to make a decision about what will be done with the data or process, moving forward. This decision can be appealed to Senior Leadership Team, which will receive documentation and insight from the Data Stewardship Committee to make the final decision.