Information Security and Awareness
Rhodes Information Services is committed to Information Security and providing a safe computing environment for the Rhodes community. In 2018, we achieved several goals to improve our security posture:
- Conducted extensive security audit of systems, infrastructure, and business processes
- Directed risk remediation efforts
- Implemented multi-factor authentication
- Employed a permanent full-time Security Analyst
- Began campus security awareness communication
Password Policies and Tips
Tips to maintain a strong and secure password:
- Passwords should be at least 8 characters long.
- Instead of trying to remember a very complicated password, it may be helpful to increase your password length and use a passphrase.
- Examples include:
- Use a variety of passwords for different systems. Make your Rhodes password different than those for your bank accounts, social media, and other email addresses.
- Do not share your password with anyone. It should be yours and yours alone. Lock or log out of your computer whenever you leave it.
- Consider changing your passwords periodically. You can change your Rhodes password here: https://pw.rhodes.edu.
- You may want to consider using a password manager such as LastPass, 1Password, or Keeper.
- You can set up your OneLogin Protect security questions as an alternate to using the mobile app: Security Question