Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Do all events need to be entered into EMS? 
Yes, all events are required to be entered into the EMS system. 

Who can reserve events on campus? 
In order to request space on campus individuals must be a faculty/staff member or a member of a registered student organization (RSO). Space cannot be booked for individual usage, but must be for department or student organization business. 

What if my event involves alcohol?
If your event involves alcohol you will need to alert Campus Safety and make an Alcohol Sanction Request. A campus safety officer will cost $100 per night for four (4) hours. 

Are there any handicap accessible buildings on campus? 
Yes. To view the handicap accessible spaces on our campus please click here.   

I am using the ballroom for an event. May I run my own sound? 
No, unfortunately you will have to hire Nolan Audio Visual to manage the audio visual in that space. 

How do I know if my event has been approved in the EMS system? 
If your event is GRAY it is still pending & awaiting approval. If your event is GREEN you are approved and can continue with your event as planned. Note: not completing the description area or filling out the necessary tabs can delay the approval process. 

How late can my event last? 
Social events that take place Sunday thru Wednesday must conclude by midnight. Thursday events must conclude by 1:00 a.m. and social events on Friday & Saturday must conclude by 2:00 a.m.