TIME MANAGEMENT APPS
- Power Planner: Stay on top of homework assignments by entering classes with time schedules and room locations, add assignments and exams, receive homework reminders all from your desktop, iPhone, Android or web browser.
- iStudiez Pro: Planner and GPA calculator in one app. Keep track of classes, homework, holidays and grades.
- My Study Life: Plan out your days, weeks, months by tracking your progress in classes and assignments with a dashboard that gives you an overview of your entire day.
- Yelling Mom: Create combined reminder and priority lists.
- Stickies: Create on-screen sticky notes with reminders.
- IFTTT: Streamline tasks by syncing files, cataloging important email, scheduling priorities and events with a few easy clicks.
- Todoist: Organize your to do list by creating tasks and projects and manage those tasks more easily and efficiently.
- Desktop Calender: Use a desktop calendar like google or outlook that will link reminders to your phone.
FOCUS AND PRODUCTIVITY APPS
- Focus booster or Pomodoro: Focus on single tasks for 25 minutes a piece.
- Focus--Time Management: Using the Pomodoro technique this app lets you organize your tasks and focus on one task for 25 minutes at a time. In addition, you can keep track of your productivity throughout multiple devices.
- Be Focused--Focus Timer: Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom periods. Break up individual tasks into smaller clusters, separated by small breaks.
- Freedom: (PC and Mac) Block out distracting websites for a set amount of time.
- Forest: Beat your phone addiction by planting a seed in a forest. In the next 30 minutes, this seed will gradually grow into a tree. However, if you can't resist the temptation and leave the app to check Facebook or play a game, your tree will wither away.
- Cold Turkey: Temporarily block distractions so you can focus on finishing your work sooner.
- Anti Social: Block social media.
- Focus Writer: Get a clear, less distracting desk top.
- Flux: Remove blue light, which can overstimulate you.
- Study Blue: Access flashcards for specific courses and subjects.
- Quizlet: Create flashcards and quizzes from uploaded course material.
- Brainscape: Make smarter flashcards (uses metacognition reflection for faster learning).
- Chegg Prep: Free flash cards. Make your own or search over 500 million flashcards already created.
- Kurzweil 3000/Firefly: Program helps with reading and comprehension by using text-to-speech technology, as well speech-to-text to assist you when writing papers. To learn more about the program and sign up for an account, please go to the Kurzweil/Firefly Learning System page on the Rhodes Accessibilty Services site. To download and access the system, you must use your Rhodes College email address.
- TutorMe: Live on-demand (online) tutoring. Connect with an online tutor 24/7 and get help on over 300 courses. Contact staff in the office of Academic & Learning Resources to get free access.
- Duolingo: Practice your language skills with game-like lessons.
- Wolfram Alpha: Input math equations and formulas into this computation engine to learn.
- Inspiration Maps Lite or Coggle: Create concept maps, diagrams and visual outlines.
- Venn Diagram: Create venn diagrams.
- NoteLook: Turn word doc. notes into cornell or column notes.
- AudioNote LITE: Link audio from your lecture to your notes if you record as you type notes.
- Evernote: Take notes and sink notes to all of your devices.
Adapted from Ben Boeving's "Focus & Productivity."
ADHD Coach & Consultant at Rhodes College