Accommodation Request Process
Rhodes students who desire any type of accommodation based on a diagnosed disability should complete the following steps in a timely manner. Current students may request accommodations at any time but are encouraged to meet with Student Accessibility Services (SAS) as soon as they become aware of a need.
STEP 1: Submit the online accommodation request form
- Students currently enrolled in classes at Rhodes College should complete the Accommodation Request Form. Students already registered with SAS should use this link to provide condition updates and/or to request changes to their existing accommodations.
- Newly admitted students who have not yet registered for classes, should log into the Admission portal to complete the form.
STEP 2: Submit supporting documentation
- All students should ask their healthcare provider complete the SAS Provider Verification Form. Please note: The provider must (1) be a qualified professional who is licensed and properly credentialed to diagnose and treat the diagnosed condition, and (2) not be a relative or close family friend of the student.
- Students requesting a service or emotional support animal in the residence hall should also complete the Animals on Campus Policy Student Form.
STEP 3: Connect with SAS
We value a collaborative process as we work with students. Please schedule a meeting with one of the following staff members to discuss your access needs.
- Schedule with Melissa Butler, Director of Student Accessibility Services
- Schedule with Alexa O’Hara, Student Support & Outreach
SAS will attempt to provide a written response to accommodation requests within 14 business days from the receipt of all necessary information. Students seeking to connect with SAS for accommodations should plan accordingly. Accommodations are not provided retroactively.
Request for Reconsideration
If your accommodation request is denied, you are welcome to submit additional documentation or information to SAS for reconsideration. Please send your new documentation and request for reconsideration to SAS@rhodes.edu.
If you wish to appeal an accommodation request denial, please send a message to Dr. Nicole Johnson, Vice President of Student Life at email@example.com, within 10 business days of the denial. Included in the message should be a statement giving SAS permission to release information related to your request to the Vice President of Student Life. The decision of the Vice President of Student Life will be considered final.