What if I don't have the required documents for the Form I-9?

If you are unable to present the required document(s) for the successful completion of the Form I-9 (listed on page 5 of the Form I-9), you may present an acceptable receipt in lieu of a document.  You must present the receipt within three (3) business days of the date employment begins, and you must present valid replacement document(s) within 90 days.

Many employees use their social security card to establish employment authorization.  You can replace a lost social security card  at the local Social Security Office near Rhodes in midtown.  The application is a one-page form (Form SS-5), and in many cases requires only one document to prove your identity (such as a U.S. driver′s license).