Here at Rhodes College, we believe our employees are the key to our students’ success. We strive to hire, develop and retain the best employees. We encourage and support employees based on our philosophy of appreciating exceptional performance. We believe that feedback and performance management is an ongoing and daily process, not just an annual event.
Managers and employees conduct a formal annual performance evaluation each academic year. The purpose of this annual process is to promote open communication amongst employees and managers, giving employees the opportunity to receive useful feedback on job performance, and to provide a historical record of performance and professional development. It also provides a great opportunity to discuss plans for the coming year and any known changes that will occur in the department and/or division.
2022-2023 Performance Evaluation Cycle
The 2022-2023 evaluation cycle begins February 6, 2023 and ends May 25, 2023. All Rhodes staff hired on or before February 6, 2023 are required to complete the 2022-2023 performance evaluation process via PeopleAdmin. Below is the process for our current performance cycle.
NOTE: Academic Affairs facilitates a separate process for faculty members. If you are a faculty member (i.e. department chair, etc.) who supervises current staff member(s) for whom an evaluation needs to be completed, you will be asked to complete evaluation(s) for the employee(s) you supervise. PeopleAdmin offers functionality to allow for multiple co-reviewers on one staff evaluation if necessary.
- Evaluating Position Descriptions
- Guide to Access the Performance Portal in PeopleAdmin
- Guide to Review Position Description in PeopleAdmin (Employees)
- Guide to Position Description Review and Marking as Complete Step (Employees)
- Guide to Review Position Description in PeopleAdmin (Managers)
- Guide to Modifying Position Descriptions in PeopleAdmin (Managers)
- Guide to Completing Performance Plan Step (Managers)
- Performance FAQs