Please review this information carefully as it explains the process for reinstatement from a Leave of Absence (LOA). This re-entry program is designed to help you create an action plan for academic preparedness, continued wellness, and connection to your campus community.
Students on a leave should submit this application with their intent to return by October 1 for a spring return or March 1 for a fall return. Students can submit their application after this deadline, but it will impact their ability to register for classes and on-campus housing with all other current students.
Request to Return from a LOA
1. Submit an application to return to campus after a leave of absence. Please note the deadlines above.
2. If you are returning from a medical Leave of Absence, your healthcare provider needs to complete the Health Care Provider Form and a release form permitting the Dean of Student Success or Care Manager to speak with the provider if needed.
3. After receiving an approval e-mail to return from the Dean of Student Success on behalf of the Standards & Standing Committee, you can schedule a return appointment for the first to second week of classes.
- If you are returning from a medical LOA, schedule a return meeting with Alexa O'Hara to discuss your transition back to academic and campus life and ask any questions regarding your return.
- If you are returning from a personal LOA, schedule a return meeting with Melissa Campbell to discuss your transition back to academic and campus life and ask any questions regarding your return.
4. Follow regular communication and standard deadlines from the College about tuition payment, submission of financial aid documents, Workday onboarding and registration, advising appointments, housing selection, etc.
If more time away is needed for you to manage your health prior to returning to campus, the Dean of Student Success will meet with you and a parent or legal guardian to discuss academic options. If you need to extend your leave beyond one semester, we encourage you to also communicate with your faculty advisor to establish a plan for completing the academic requirements for graduation.