Academic & Learning Resources provides a variety of presentations and academic events for students throughout the year. Below are the upcoming workshops and events for the Spring 2022 Semester:
Calendar of Events: Spring 2022 Semester
|Remote Learning Strategies||Thursday, January 20th||7:00 pm||Peer Academic Coaches|
Finding Your Motivation
|Wednesday, February 9th||7:00 pm||Barret 051||Peer Academic Coaches|
If You Love It, Declare It
Thursday, February 10th
|4:30 pm||Spence Wilson Room||Peer Academic Coaches and Career Services|
Ready for Exams: Reducing Test Anxiety and Maximizing Your Time
Wednesday, February 23rd
|7:00 pm||TBD||Peer Academic Coaches|
|Planning Ahead: Tips for Planning Your Degree||Wednesday, March 9th||7:00 pm||TBD||Peer Academic Coaches|
Preparing for Senior Year
|TBD||TBD||TBD||Peer Academic Coaches, Career Services, and Class Council|
|End of Semester- Managing Your Stress||TBD||TBD||TBD||Peer Academic Coaches|
Note: Workshops and Events time, date and/or location may be subject to change based on event demand, room availability, campus closures or other circumstances that may warrant a change in the events calendar.
In addition to our regularly scheduled events, the office staff and peer coaches can deliver a presentation for your student group. Please make your presentation request at least two weeks before your event.
Presentations for Student Groups
- Mapping Your Semester Map out your semester from the very start to have a more balanced, successful semester.
- Time and Procrastination Learn how to manage time effectively and stop procrastinating.
- Got Motivation? Increase your drive and conquer your goals this semester.
- The Power of Habit Better understand your habits and thinking patterns and change that bad habit into a more productive one.
- Life after Midterms 3 strategies to help you take control of your semester.
- Preparing for Finals This workshop covers time management, productivity, and handling stress during final exams.
- Other topics are available upon request.