What are some current applications that will be replaced by Workday in January 2020?
- For Human Resources
- PeopleAdmin for Recruiting and Performance Evaluations
- Manual spreadsheet Vacation and Leave tracking
- BannerWeb for Personal Employment Information
- For Finance and Payroll
- AsureForce for Clock-in and Time-tracking (with supervisor view)
- Concur for Expense Reporting and Approvals
- Rhodes Account Lookup
- Manual spreadsheet accounting forms
What applications will NOT be replaced by Workday in January 2020?
- BannerWeb for Student Information, Schedule of Classes, Grading
- Pre-registration (formerly called WebStep)
- Banner for Enrollment Registration, etc.
- Degreeworks and other advising tools
What can you do in Workday?
- Personal Information
- All paid faculty, staff and student employees can easily view their profile information, compensation, benefits, and other personal employee information
- Mobile access to all personal and other Rhodes data
- View your paycheck, compensation history and tax forms
- Edit emergency contacts, beneficiaries and other personal information
- Human Resources tasks
- Rhodes job applicant recruitment and hiring
- Make benefits selections during annual open enrollment
- Conduct performance evaluations with staff
- Quickly access your and other Rhodes org charts
- Request time-off or submit a sick or other leave request
- Finance and Payroll tasks
- Look up your budget account and see your expenditures, encumbrances, and available balances
- Purchase from Amazon with a Rhodes-customized checkout
- Submit expenses and reimbursement requests
- Create simple reports or request advanced reports
- Clock-in and out for your hourly position (student and hourly workers)
- Allow supervisors to validate hours for payroll
What other colleges and universities use Workday?
There are over 100 colleges and universities currently using Workday with many more moving toward Workday just like Rhodes. A partial includes Brown, Bucknell, Carnegie Mellon, Cornell, Furman, Georgetown, Wake Forest, Wellseley, and many more.
View all Higher Ed and industry Workday users: Workday Customers
Is my information secure on Workday?
Yes. It is protected by a secure socket connection, the same protection used for online financial transactions. Your information is safe whether accessed within Rhodes environment or on another web connection. We will also be using OneLogin Protect, Rhodes’ two-factor authentication.
How will Workday change our business processes?
Our current processes are being redesigned, based on Workday’s best practice recommendations, to better support our campus community. This will result in more efficiency and accuracy, while affirming the Rhodes commitment to sustainability. Additional details will be provided prior to Go Live.
Will Rhodes also move to Workday Student?
It is our plan to move to Workday Student after our launch of Workday with HR, Finance, and Payroll. The student platform will not launch until closer to 2022.
What if I have questions or need support with Workday?
Please submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage you to submit a Workday Feedback Card at the Help Desk or Library Circulation Desk. We want to hear from you.
How can I receive more information on the Workday project?
Rhodes Chief Information Officer, José Rodriguez, is leading the Workday implementation. José will be emailing Workday updates and information every other week to Rhodes faculty and staff. Each email will include project updates, more information on Workday features, and details related to activities to ensure you are prepared for our Go Live in January 2020.