Transfer Course Work - attending another institution
- A student who attends another institution to earn credit which is intended to transfer to Rhodes must review policies, complete, and submit the Transfer Credit Approval Form before taking the intended course. The Chair of the Department at Rhodes (to which the credit may be applied) must sign approval on the Transfer Credit Approval Form before the form is submitted to the Registrar. To assist in approval, it is beneficial to submit a course description to the department chair along with the approval form. All completed forms may be turned in to Rhodes Express.
- Once the approved class is completed, the student is responsible for having an official transcript sent to the attention of the Registrar in order for the credit to be added to the academic record.
- Consortium (Crosstown) Class Registration/Info: Rhodes - CBU - Univ. of Memphis
The Crosstown Enrollment Program offers students enrolled at Rhodes College, Christian Brothers University, and The University of Memphis the opportunity to enroll in a select number of courses not offered at their home institutions.
- Students attending a Rhodes-sponsored, "Maymester" trip need not register for the course. That will be done automatically upon enrollment in the program.
FAQ - How many credits may an enrolled student transfer to Rhodes?
Students may transfer to Rhodes up to 50 percent of the credits required for a degree, based on the guidelines found in the College Catalogue. Transfer credit may not be used to satisfy a Foundation Requirement.
Additional information regarding Transfer Credit Guidelines & Policies can be found in the college catalogue.
Summer Course Work - DI, Internship or Tutorial
- Students who plan to earn Rhodes credit during the summer with a Directed Inquiry, Internship, or a Tutorial must register for and pay the tuition for the credits prior to beginning the work.
- Internships require coordination with Career Services.
- Information regarding Opportunities for Individualized Study can be found in the college catalogue.
- Students must pay for all Rhodes credits earned during the summer in internships, directed inquiries, or tutorials.