Registrar FAQs

The following information is intended for current students with access to Rhodes Login.

Where can I find…

The Registrar’s Office?
   We are located on the first floor of Burrow Hall, Room 106
   Office hours are Mon-Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm.
   Phone: 901-843-3885

Schedule of courses?
   Current students can view the most up-to-date schedule on Workday. 
   A current college catalogue can be found on the College web site.

My mid-term/semester grades?
  Mid-term and semester grades can be found on Workday.

How do I…

Drop/add courses?
Open enrollment for Spring 2024 has ended. Students are able to register for Summer 2024 classes in Workday beginning February 14, 2024.

Withdraw from a course?
Students withdrawing from a course between the beginning of the fourth week and the end of the eleventh week of a semester will receive a grade of W (withdrew). Students withdrawing from a course between the 6th day and the 18th day of a 5-week summer session will receive a grade of W.  The W grade is not computed in the student’s grade point average. Withdrawing from a course does not affect a student′s enrollment status. Therefore, if a student is enrolled in 16 hours and withdraws from a 4 hour course, they would still be considered a full time student. 

Students can request to withdraw from a course via Workday using these instructions

Students can withdraw from a course until April 5, 2024; starting April 6, 2024, a request for late withdrawal form will be available on the Registrar Forms Page

Declare a major/minor?
Declaration of major and minor forms are available on the Rhodes Express Registrar Forms Page. Signatures of the previous advisor, current advisor and chair of the department are required. One copy of the declaration will be filed in the Registrar’s Office and another copy is filed with the department. The declaration of major form is due no later than the middle of the spring semester of the student’s sophomore year. Declaration of minor is due no later than the beginning of the fall semester of the senior year. See the Declaring a Major information sheet on the forms page. 

Request an academic transcript?

Change my address/name?
Change of address can now be performed by the student using Workday.  If a name change is requested, see Rhodes Express.  Legal documentation is required, i.e., social security card, birth certificate, etc.

Request an Enrollment Verification or Academic Standing?
Letters can be faxed, mailed, or picked up.

Change academic advisors?
If you are declaring your major, a separate form for change of advisor is not necessary.

Request transfer credit from another college?
Academic work transferred from another institution must have the work approved in advance by the appropriate academic department chairperson at Rhodes and by the Registrar.  See the college catalogue for further guidelines.

Petition for a course overload/underload?
Petition requests are available on the Rhodes Express Forms Page. An overload petition is required when a student wishes to take more than 19 hours in a semester. An underload petition is required when a student wishes to take fewer than 12 hours in a semester.

Take a class pass/fail?
A student may enroll in a class on a pass-fail basis with the permission of the instructor. No more than one course per semester with a maximum of six courses total are permitted under this program. The pass-fail form with the instructor’s signature must be returned to the Registrar’s Office during the first three weeks of class in a semester. The Pass/Fail option may not be used in courses taken to satisfy general degree requirements or courses taken to satisfy major or minor requirements.  Students can initiate the Pass/Fail option in Workday using these instructions

What do I do if…

I missed the open enrollment period?
To add a class after the open enrollment period you must submit a Petition for Variance from Academic Regulations. Classes may be still be dropped online during the Extended Drop period.  Once the Extended Drop period is over you will have to request to withdraw from a course in Workday. 

I missed the withdrawal period?
In order to withdraw from a class after the withdraw period you must submit a Petition for Late Withdrawal - Registrar Forms Page. These requests go before the Standards and Standing Committee and are not guaranteed approval.

I need to take an incomplete in a class?
In order to receive an incomplete grade in a class you must submit a Conditional Grade Report. Conditional Grade Reports can be found on the Rhodes Express Registrar Forms Page. Once the class is completed and a final grade is computed, the instructor must assign a final grade on the Conditional Grade Report which is kept on file in the Registrar’s Office. See the Academic Calendar for deadlines on removing conditional grades.