A small sample of offerings include:
- Memphis in May (each year Memphis in May honors a different foreign country; activities always include a barbecue festival, a music festival and a Sunset Symphony concert).
- Opera Memphis
- Ballet Memphis
- Memphis Symphony Orchestra
- Theatre Memphis
- Playhouse on the Square
- The Orpheum (Theater)
- Redbirds AAA Baseball
- Riverkings Ice Hockey
- University of Memphis football and basketball
- The National Civil Rights Museum
- Brooks Museum of Art
- Dixon Gallery & Gardens
- Memphis Botanic Garden
- Ornamental Metal Museum
- Mud Island
- Many concerts by famous and not-so-famous performers throughout the year.
For other resources in Memphis and across the U.S. check out www.yelp.com, this website has all the local and non-local resturants and attractions you could ever want! And it allows you to give feedback and reviews on the place so that you can know where you are going and what others think of it. Yelp also has an app for your phone if you prefer.
Also, check with the Main Library ((901) 725-8895) for information on international clubs or organizations in Memphis.